Sunday, October 16, 2011

Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival.

Half Moon Bay is a town just a few miles South from where we live. It's know for it's pumpkin festival, so we thought that we had better check it out. The pumpkins were HUGE there. I have never seen a bigger pumpkin in my life. It's the "World Pumpkin Capital." The world record heaviest pumpkin was there weighing in at 1,810.5 pounds. My favorite part was the fabulous pumpkin ice cream and watching  the Picasso of Pumpkin Carvers (Farmer Mike), carve some amazing designs into gigantic pumpkins. Andy enjoyed his pork sausage dog, while I enjoyed going to an organic fruit/vegetable stand on the side of the road. I also picked out a perfectly rounded pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. We ate the corn from the stand tonight. DELICIOUS.






2 comments: